Thursday, May 7, 2009

I want to be LIGHT!


“The light still shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out.” John 1:5

Did you know that the word light is used in the Old Testament 168 times and is used in the New Testament 76 times? ~Donna Rees

When you think of ‘LIGHT’, what comes to your mind? I think of joy, forgiveness, a new beginning, peace, restoration, salvation…Jesus! It is my deepest desire to be LIGHT in this dark world…to point others to our Lord, but I can only do that by following ‘the light of the world’ ~Christ Jesus [John 8:12].

In the summer of 1989, I stood at this very place [Pat Neff Hall], looked up at the words inscribed on the building [“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” Psalm112:4] and asked the Lord to ‘light my path’ and show me direction for my life. It was a time in my life when I was desperately searching for, and needing God’s light! Soon after, I transferred from Texas Tech University (talk about from ‘darkness to light ’~hee!) and began my wonderful life-chapter at Baylor University!

I believe it was this simple prayer [desiring God’s light in my life] that led to my personal relationship with Christ and set my ‘faith journey’ in motion! So it is no wonder that I like ‘LIGHT’! That is why I jumped at the opportunity to read and review A Light Unto My Path by Donna Rees.

Wow...another super Wee-Book from TOS! It'a a short, easy read that outlines a simple, effective way to meditate on God’s word, do a word study, & become enlightened…all through a wonderful study of ‘LIGHT’ in the bible! Do the study to strengthen your relationship with the Lord, or use it to enhance your science curriculum by studying light with your children and seeing what God’s word has to say about it!

Donna includes many ‘light’ verses to get you started on your study, internet links [for deeper study], & 9 wonderful copywork pages! This Wee-Book is a huge blessing!


EnJOY!

JOYful, Kristi

No comments: