Here are a few pics from Halloween. We went 'trick-or-treating' at Daddy's office. Katelyn was with a friend and I did not get a pic of her. Cason was Darth Vader (again!). The little girls and I were dressed in our '50's Outfits'...Chloe was our little poodle. When Katelyn was 5, I made she and I matching poodle skirts to wear for Halloween that year. Now Carrie is 5, so I pulled out my poodle skirt, but I could not find the one I made for Katelyn. :( A few weeks ago, I found one at a resell shop AND I also found the cute little poodle costume for Chloe!
Monday, November 2, 2009
When I was given the opportunity to review a membership to ABC Teach, I must admit that I was not thrilled. Why, you ask? Well, I *thought* ABC Teach was a website that only offered a bunch of worksheets and I'm not a worksheet fan, so I just did not think it would have anything I needed. BUT, boy was I wrong! I'm SO thankful I was given the opportunity to review the membership and to experience all the incredible items ABC Teach has to offer!
The membership site has over 35,000 items! The materials are for PK-8th grade. The website is organized well and it has a Directory to help you find items [I'm still finding neat things daily!]. Okay, so if I do not like worksheets what does this site offer? It does have LOTS of worksheets (on every subject imaginable), but it also offers hands-on materials that I can use in our workboxes. Here are some of my favorites:
- File Folder Games! Over 1000 print-and-make games to reinforce learning.
- Art Lessons based on famous artists work [Van Gogh, O'Keefe, Picasso, Seurat, Monet, & more].
- Book Units [vocabulary & reading comprehension activities] for the American Girl books! & many other books like Charlotte's Web, Flat Stanley, The Door In the Wall, Peter Pan, Treasure Island...lots!
- Lots of Pre-K items: Letter Posters, patterns, booklets, cut-and-paste, etc....
- Science Experiments/Investigations...perfect for my science center!
- Mini Offices [see picture below] are SO neat!
To read more reviews on this terrific site, go see what my crew mates had to say on the TOS Homeschool Crew Blog.