Tuesday, February 23, 2010

AAS Beehive Reader ~TOS Review

Marie Rippel, creator of All About Spelling, wrote a delightful reader that correlates with All About Spelling ~Level One. She graciously sent our family this reader to review. The Beehive Reader 1 {160 pages} is a beautiful hardcover book with charming illustrations and sweet, interesting stories.

My 2nd grader took the book out of my hands when it arrived in the mail. He was able to read through the book quickly and then read it again to his younger sisters. When asked, "What's your favorite story?" He answered, "The Bat and King Sam"...funny story! I plan to use this book with my 5-year-old, who will begin AAS Level One soon. I know she will enjoy learning to read the book her brother has been reading to her!

I like the fact that each new story in the reader adds a new reading concept {one at a time}, so it is not overwhelming for the child that is learning to read. And the reader is 100% decodable {correlated with All About Spelling 1}. It is a solid teaching tool that offers fun, interesting stories...hard to find a reader that does both!

Take a LOOK inside the book! You do not have to use All About Spelling to use this reader. It is a wonderful reader no matter what phonics program you use! You can purchase it online for $19.95.

The exciting news is this is the first book in the All About Reading Short Stories series! The next book will be out this spring, so stay tuned...I'll keep you posted! I know this is going to be an awesome reading program!


Go HERE to read more reviews, from my crewmates, about this delightful reader. EnJOY!







No comments: