Friday, February 27, 2009

I made Petite Fours!





Our friends, Michelle & Jason, are adopting a little boy from Russia and our Sunday school class had an 'adoption shower' for Michelle a few weeks ago. I sign-ed up to bring something sweet and thought petite fours would be fun and yummy! Then I had a crazy idea to make my own! No, I've never made them before, but I love them and I have paid up to $2 a piece for them! So, I googled 'how to make easy petite fours' and found a blog that lined it out step-by-step with pictures! It looked simple enough, so I headed to Walmart and bought my supplies. The key is to freeze the sheet cake for at least 12 hours, so I followed the directions to a tee and mine turned out delicious and cute! The older kids were at Treehouse that day, so my kitchen helper was Chloe...she helped by tasting everything! I used icing tint to color my icing brown & teal [the shower colors] and decorated the little cakes with bows, lines, & dots...cute! Everyone at the baby shower loved them! It was fun to make my own...give it a try!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: